Deity Microphones Pocket Wireless Digital Microphone System for Cameras and Smartphones
he versatile, Deity Pocket Wireless is an ultracompact true-wireless digital microphone system designed to provide high-quality, hands-free audio for applications including video creation, conferencing, livestreaming, and mobile journalism. The system can record audio to devices with USB Type-C or 3.5mm connectors, allowing it to work with a wide range of cameras, phones, recorders, and computers to deliver dependable wireless transmission that even inexperienced users can easily operate.
Do-it-yourself videographers working alone or with a single on-camera personality will find the Pocket Wireless makes set up simple, so you can focus on the rest of the action. The first part of the system is comprised of a miniature clip-on transmitter with a built-in omnidirectional microphone. Simply clip the transmitter to your subject’s collar or lapel for quick run-and-gun shoots, or use the included lavalier mic for a more discreet look. The second part of the system is the ultracompact receiver, which attaches to your phone or camera and can receive wireless audio from the transmitter at a range of up to 213 feet.
The receiver connects to the USB Type-C port on your smartphone or tablet with the included cable, providing a digital connection for recording or streaming. For camera use, the receiver’s clip doubles as a shoe mount, while the included USB to TRRS cable automatically adapts to work with any camera, camcorder, or recorder with a 3.5mm input jack.
The system arrives pre-paired at the factory and ready to go, while pair buttons allow you to sync with other Deity Connect components. Instead of commonly used 4mW Bluetooth 5.0 chips, the Deity Pocket Wireless utilizes a proprietary 25mW protocol for digital transmission—ensuring reliable signal strength, even when talent blocks the transmitter’s line of sight to the receiver. The transmitter and receiver both feature built-in rechargeable batteries that will run for up to 5 hours and can be completely recharged in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Both components can run indefinitely if connected to USB bus power.
In addition to the previously mentioned components, the system also provides a USB Type-C to USB Type-A adapter cable, a USB Type-C firmware dongle, a fur windshield, and a rigid carrying case for storage and transport. A maximum of two Pocket Wireless systems can be used on set at the same time.
Easy-to-Use Wireless for Phones, Cameras, and Computers
- The tiny, lightweight transmitter with built-in microphone easily clips to talent for quick interviews and on-the-go shoots.
- Alternatively, plug the included lavalier microphone into the 3.5mm jack and use the transmitter as a hidden bodypack for a more low-profile appearance.
- The transmitter’s and lav microphones both offer forgiving omnidirectional polar patterns that pick up sound from all around the capsule, giving you more mic placement options when working with talent.
- The ultracompact receiver connects to your device’s USB Type-C port or 3.5mm input jack, letting it work seamlessly with mobile devices and computers; a USB Type-A adapter is also included for computer use.
- For camera use, the receiver’s clip mounts to your camera shoe
- The included TRRS cable allows the system to automatically adapt to work with any camera, camcorder, phone, or recorder with a 3.5mm input jack.
Reliable Sound Quality for Videographers, Content Creators, and Livestreamers
- The transmitter uses a proprietary 25mW transmission technology to ensure a reliable wireless signal without dropouts or interference at a range up to 213′.
- The transmitter offers up to +21 dB of input gain, adjustable in 3 dB steps, so you can set right input level for your speaker.
- An analog limiter reduces clipping and overloads at the input stage, helping to ensure you get clear and intelligible speech and dialog.
- Gain settings on the transmitter can be controlled remotely from the receiver, so you don’t have to walk away from the camera to make adjustments.
- The Sennheiser-standard locking 3.5mm TRS input is compatible with a wide range of popular lavalier microphones such as the Sanken COS-11D, DPA CORE Series, Sennheiser ME 2-II, Deity W.Lav Pro, and others.
- By connecting to your device’s USB Type-C port, the system avoids unnecessary D/A and A/D conversion to maintain the integrity of the digital signal from your transmitter all the way to your recording device.
- As a streaming and conferencing solution, you can use the receiver as a USB microphone, with the transmitter and the lav giving you hands-free mic choices that allow you to move around for demos and explanations.
Locking 3.5mm Mic Input
The last thing you want is a lavalier getting unplugged in someone’s pocket. And due to the built-in microphone, you wouldn’t notice if all you were doing was monitoring VU meters on your camera because you’d still be getting an audio signal, but just not from the lav. The Pocket TX features a locking mic input that makes that fear a thing of the past.
Ultra Lightweight and Compact
Pocket Wireless was made for those on the go. For when you want to carry just the essentials, literally in your pocket.
Guard Rail™️ Analog Limiter
Pocket Wireless features our signature Deity Connect analog limiter to help prevent clipping and distortion. Record clean audio worry-free.
+5Hrs of Battery Life
Pocket Wireless will deliver brilliant audio wirelessly to your camera for over 5 hours. And it can quickly be charged via USB-C in 75 minutes.
Mobile Filmmaking Made Easy!
The Pocket Wireless Mobile Kit adds two extra items to make shooting with your phone even easier. The included tabletop tripod can also fold up to be used as a vlogging handle to help give you a steady shot. And the custom phone clamp allows for you to mount the RX unit on the side of your phone, freeing up the top mount for an LED light.
Compatible With All Deity Connect Gear
Pocket Wireless is a great way to get into the Deity Connect system and still be able to use your gear as you grow. Your gear investment should grow with you, not become e-waste.
Large ~1″ OLED Display
See what is happening with your audio all at a glance on Pocket Wireless’ large 1″ OLED display. All information you’d need can be seen on one screen. Monitoring your VU meters, battery life, and gain settings on this daylight bright display is super easy.
Connect to Your USB Devices
The Pocket Wireless RX unit can also be plugged into your Laptop, PC, iPad*, or Android phone. No extra software or device drivers required. It will show up natively in your device’s audio input device list as a USB microphone. For mobile devices like tablets and phones, most apps will default to it as a source, no extra steps required. Going live or just shooting a quick video on your phone has never sounded so good.
*iPad models featuring USB-C Ports
|RF Output Power||25mW|
|Range||Up to 65m|
|Gain Range||Up To +21 dB|
|Signal Processing||Guard Rail™ Analog Limiter|
|Audio Input||3.5mm Locking Mic Input|
|Audio Output||Adaptive TRRS (Mobile)
Adaptive TRRS (Camera)
USB-C (Mobile / Laptop)
USB-Type A (Laptop / PC)
|Input Mic Power||2.5V|
|Frequency Response||Built-In Microphone 20Hz – 20kHz
Lavalier 50Hz – 20kHZ
|Lavalier SNR||≥67dB SPL|
|Battery Type||Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery|
|Internal Battery Capacity||RX – 400 mAh
TX – 400 mAh
|Approx. Battery Life||+5 Hours|
|Battery Charge Time||75 Minutes|
|Screen Size||~0.96” OLED Display|
|Dimensions||RX – 33.2 * 55.1 * 20.1mm
TX – 33.2 * 55.1 * 20.1mm
|Weight||RX – 34g
TX – 31g
In the Box
- Deity Microphones Pocket Wireless Digital Microphone System for Cameras and Smartphones (2.4 GHz, Black)
- Lavalier Microphone
- Fur Windshield
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C Cable
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Cable
- USB Type-C to TRRS Cable
- Rigid Carrying Case