Platiro Round 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Fimmaking Phone Camera Lens, Mobile Phone Widescreen Cinematography Movie Lens by Filmic Pro App for iPhone Pixel Samsung Galaxy OnePlus Camera Phones Filmmakers
- Cinema Engineered Glass Designed with professional mobile filmmaking in mind, each lens is crafted with multi-element, multi-coated & anti-reflective glass for superior performance.
- Lens Flare One of Anamorphic’s unique features is its ability to give you a cinematic look to your videos. When the lens is subjected to vivid light, either through car headlights, street lights or any hard light during night shoots, it creates a lens flare similar to what you see in movies.
- Ultra Wide With its oval bokeh, the Anamorphic lens is able to capture more horizontal information, by squeezing the image. This method is very popular among cinema cameras used by movie makers such as JJ Abrams and Stephen Soderbergh.
- The Platiro Anamorphic lens is the holy grail of filmmaking. Sweet horizontal flares and that wide screen, letterboxes look. It’s 1.33x design brings the organic look and character of 2:40:1. it’s like shooting a wider focal length in the horizontal direction and a longer focal length in the vertical.
- Platiro makes the highest quality attachment lenses on the market. Made with aerospace grade metal and the same hand-polished glass used for high-end 4K film lenses.
Wider shots – You can fit almost 2x more horizontal information onto your sensor. To get the same shot without an anamorphic lens you would have to move back significantly farther, causing you to lose pixel quality.
Len Flares – One of the most popular features of anamorphic lenses are their aesthetically pleasing lens flares.
Oval bokeh – While bokeh can be tricky to achieve with iPhone cameras, any bokeh you do see will have oval shaped blurs, as opposed to circular, which is a look that cinematographers have become accustomed to creating.
Desqueezing Anamorphic Footage –
Anamorphic lenses project a squeezed oval shaped image onto the sensor. If you view this image raw it looks kind of like you’re looking into a funhouse mirror. Like the image to left.
In order to properly adjust the image for correct display, you have to desqueeze the footage. This can be quickly accomplished in post production programs like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut X. As an even quicker option you can use 3rd party apps like Filmic Pro—which you should be using to do all your iphone filmmaking—to desqueeze your video in real time.
Field of View:
Increases horizontal field of view by 33%
Increases video aspect ratio from 16:9 to 2.4:1
Increases still image aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9
Software de-squeeze required.
FOV : 113°
Magnification : 1.33x
Magnification Ratio – 1.33x Horizontal Squeeze
Optical Design : Aspherical Cylindrical Glass, 2 Elements in 2 Groups
Aspect Ratio (Video) – 2.40:1 Cinemascope (after de-squeeze), 16:9 (Panaromic)
Distortion – Vintage Anamorphic barrel type distortion (>2%)
Cinema-grade glass and precision aero grade anodized aluminum design
Lens coating – Anti-reflection coatings create vintage horizontal flares
Original Platiro Product from Tiyana Incorporation
#shotwithplatiro #platirolens #platiroanamorphic #platiro